Go Green Music
Mobile website encouraging fans to "Go Green" to concerts
- Website: gogreenmusic.com
Air Traffic Control (ATC) works with Musicians to help them turn their legions of fans into legions of activists. ATC came to us with a simple problem: the largest part of a band’s carbon footprint comes from fans driving to the shows. How can a band encourage their fans to make more sustainable transportion choices? ATC asked us for help in coming up with and executing on a strategy to utilize the latest technologies to encourage concert-goers to carpool, bike, or take public transportations to shows. Together, ATC and Exygy created Go Green Music, a mobile website that bands can use to encourage their fans to go green to their concerts.
- A band sets up a custom Go Green mobile app for their upcoming tour using their logo, imagery, and other branding.
- Bands enter in a list of the venues and dates they’ll be visiting on their tour.
- Bands encourage their fans, via Facebook, Twitter, radio, etc. to Go Green!
- Fans go to the mobile website and enter their phone number and pick which concert venue they plan to go to, and receive an entry prize from the band (usually a free song)
- Fans receive text messages from the band leading up to the show, reminding them to Go Green!
- Fans take a picture of themselves taking public transportation, carpooling or biking to the show and submit their photo to Go Green
- At the end of the tour, one lucky fan wins the grand prize (backstage passes, signed guitar, merchandise, etc.)
Go Green Music is built on WordPress, using a customized multi-site install. Each band that uses the service gets their own “site”.
We have integrated with the MSGME API, which allows us to set up several text messages to go out to fans at specified times before every show.
We use the Postie plugin to handle the email submissions. When a fan emails a photo, it gets pulled right into the WordPress admin tool for the band to see.
We have also integrated with Google Transit to allow people to easily find bus and train routes, and we’ve integrated with Zimride to allow people to easily find or set up carpools.
If you are a band and are interested in using the Go Green Music platform, contact ATC.