One Month Countdown: 12 Election Resources for No Regrets
Feeling like the world is falling apart has become an anthem for 2020. While we don’t need to regurgitate the CVS receipt of events that have made this year (and the 3 years before that) *particularly rough,* it does feel more important than ever to pinpoint the ways in which we have agency – as a community, as a country, as humans working to make the world a better place than how we found it. As the Exygy team partners with social impact organizations to design and build tech for good, it has never been clearer that our place in the movement starts with advocating for underserved communities both in our work, as well as at the polls.
Advocacy takes many shapes and forms, and we all have something to give. Whether it’s your network, art, money, time, or vote, the important thing is that you find what you can contribute to the cause, and commit!
As we race towards November 3rd, here are a few essential resources that our team has found useful in making the most of this precarious time before Election Day.
Give Your Time
1. Volunteer with Indivisible: Call, text, and write to swing-state Democrats to give them the precise information they need to vote early and safely.
2. Mobilize for 2020 Victory: On any given day from now to Election Day, you can get trained and join local organizers in phone banking for the Biden/Harris campaign.
3. Volunteer with Power to the Polls: there’s a record shortage of poll workers this year. If you’re able, sign up to staff your local polling place.
4. Stop Voter Suppression: Sign up to be a Nonpartisan Election Protection volunteer and ensure everyone has a fair voting experience.
Send Your Buck
5. Swing Left’s Immediate Impact Fund splits your donation between the closest races on the path to flipping the Senate and winning key state legislative seats.
6. Vote Save America compiles fantastic high impact funds – including our favorite, “Get Mitch or Die Trying.”
7. The Voter Participation Center is a non-partisan non-profit on a mission to turn non-voters into voters. Their tactics are data-driven, science-based, proven effective.
Cast Your Vote
8. Triple check that you and your friends are registered & ready to hit the polls. It takes 30 seconds to verify your registration on vote.org.
9. A dummy’s guide to California 2020 ballot measures – SF Gate
11. Emily’s List recruits, trains, and supports pro-choice Democratic women candidates at every level of the ballot. Check out their State & Local endorsed candidates.
Share Your Art
12. Creatives for Biden is an opportunity for artists to submit their work (designs, sculptures, illustrations) representing any of the 40 policy plans put forward by the Biden/Harris campaign.
With so many critical issues at stake – from the right to choose what you do with your body, to police brutality and the lack of justice for too many Black lives lost, to saving our planet from irreversible damage, to fair and affordable housing, to ensuring all Americans have access to quality health care without going into debt – we simply can’t afford any regrets come November 3rd.
How are you taking action? I’d love to know where you’re investing your time and energy to change the course of history (no pressure, huh!). Forward this to a friend or two – get fired up and ready to go!